Nobody will tell you that drinking tea alone is enough to maintain the perfect body, but few will argue that certain teas have the power to assist an otherwise healthy lifestyle. These five teas are especially powerful in helping you trim up, or stay fit if you already have the body you like. Cycling between a few teas is also advised, whereas drinking a single tea too often can lead to an unbalanced human biome. You want to always cycle foods, beverages, and experiences to maintain a balanced health.
1. Rose tea- It not only sounds romantic, it’s healthy for weight-loss. Caffeine-free and mild in taste, rose tea is thought to be a potentially better antioxidant than green tea which is great for those trying to shed pounds.
2. Yerba Mate- Thought to curb appetite and also contain chemicals able to burn fat cells, this tea is a popular choice among those trying to lose weight.
3. White tea- A big tea among the weight-loss crowd, the white tea is powerful in its ability to prevent fat cells from becoming stored in the body.(source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19409077) It also has wonderful stress-fighting properties as well.
4. Hibiscus tea- Fun to say and great for fighting fat, the hibiscus plant shares the property of the white tea of preventing fat cells from binding. It also contains something called flavonoids which are also instrumental in maintaining a healthy body weight.
5. Bilberry tea- This tea is great to have in your mix of fat-fighting teas due to its ability to curb cravings for sugar. Unfortunately, the reality of sugar’s effect on weight and health is all too real to ignore. Moderation is the best weapon available at the moment and Bilberry tea helps in that effort.
Tea is also another great alternative to coffee. There are definitely positive health benefits to having coffee periodically but tea makes a great opportunity for a break in that routine. If you choose one of the teas mentioned above, you’ll not only get a break from the potentially jittery feeling of coffee but you’ll get a chance to add healthy nutrients to your body, detoxify impurities and point yourself back in the correct direction towards good health. The teas mentioned in this article give you a great place to start but further study on teas will bring to light many other types of tea with a wide array of medicinal properties. Who knew that it was so exciting and fascinating to drink your medicine?