If you hop on Pinterest and search for anything diet related. Chances are you are going to come across pins for detoxing. From this perspective, it seems like everyone who is anyone is trying a detox, and it appears to be working for them. But before you dive into a detox cleanse you have to figure out what works for you and what doesn’t. There are many dangers to this trend if done incorrectly. Here are some top six dos and don’ts to help you along the journey into detox.
1. Do choose a Detox that fits you and your lifestyle. There are so many out there that it’s hard to decide what will and won’t work. Having a plan is important and knowing what your body needs will help you along the way to success.
2. Don’t follow what others are doing. Repeating some of number one but this is very important. Don’t follow what Susie next door is doing because what works for her may not work for you. Lately, this has become a very trendy diet so listen to your body and do what works best for you.
3. Do Hydrate! If there’s any advice out there about detoxing it is to hydrate. H2O is your best friend and will help your body cleanse all those nasty toxins. Your body will thank you.
4. Don’t eat hard to digest foods. When doing a detox you have to remember that your body needs to cleanse out your gut, liver, kidneys, etc. Consuming hard to digest foods will cause more harm than good. It is also suggested to stay away from gluten, dairy, and processed foods.
5. Do have a recovery plan. When your detox is done, you will want to inhale the foods you’ve missed the most. The point of a detox is to eliminate what certain foods have done to your body. So putting the same things back into your gut is probably not the best choice. Make a plan on how to slowly reintroduce foods back into your system before you even start the detox, so you are prepared.
6. Don’t panic on how your body reacts. You may experience headaches, dizziness, and fatigue. It’s all normal during this time. Your body is reacting as it should. Sometimes things need to be awful before they improve. Just remember your body is ridding itself of all the toxins and the negative feelings will go away soon.
Detox diets can work if you follow the correct steps and keep things safe. Always consult your doctor before jumping into any new diet regime.